Planning 2012 Meetup

It’s time to look forward! We were not able to organize the 2010-11 Meetup in the end, but this won’t happen again. So let’s start planning it:

Where do you fancy meeting us?

Some people in our discussion on Facebook proposed Amsterdam, Budapest or Vienna. Do you agree? Barcelona is always happy to welcome you too, but we can meet us in any european city. Express your wishes! Vote on Facebook.

It won’t be necessary to organize an exhibit or so. Something simple and practical. Decide where and when to meet there, catch up and take lots of photos.

This one, will be the one. No more delays :)

This entry was posted in meetups. Bookmark the permalink. Post a comment or leave a trackback: Trackback URL.

11 Comments

1. Posted November 13, 2010 at 23:23 | Permalink

I have no preferences of where, I’ll just be happy to go

2. Posted November 16, 2010 at 22:49 | Permalink

Id love the meetup to be held at Barcelona.. since im there… damn crisis…

3. Posted January 23, 2011 at 19:22 | Permalink

Budapest!
    Budapest has everything and it is in the middle of Europe.
    It is not expensive to go there and it is not expensive to live in Budapest.
    I live in Sweden but goes to Budapest often.

4. Posted April 8, 2011 at 00:51 | Permalink

where and when?
    Barcelona, Amsterdam and Budapest are all great places.
    But I have to know before the air tickets “reach the sky”.

5. Posted September 6, 2011 at 07:56 | Permalink

Score one for Denmark or Sweden! Someplace a bit more north than the past 4 meet ups.

6. Posted November 1, 2011 at 19:49 | Permalink

Am I wrong, that there will be no meetup in 2011 anymore? ;-)
    I would have liked to meet with fellow photographers from around Europe!
    So hope is still up that in the year 2012 a meeting takes place.
    Whatever city you choose (why not Vienna/Austria) I will try to be there.
    Because simply it’s a great idea!!! Don’t let it die.
    Greetings from Vienna
    Andy

7. Posted November 4, 2011 at 14:44 | Permalink

You are right, Andy. Very sad.

We had prepared something for this autumn but it suddenly turned impossible. I was 2 months in China and after it, I didn’t have time to look for an alternative.

If you wanna help, we can talk about doing it in North Europe (as Christopher says), Budapest or Vienna. It’s not so complicated. We have to decide a date and a place. That’s it.

What do you think?

8. Posted November 5, 2011 at 18:35 | Permalink

Hi Alfonso!
    I would really like to be a part of it. In any way.
    I live in Vienna and could for sure be of help here.
    If it takes place in any other city, my abilities are of course limited.
    But first we should find out, when and were!!
    Maybe the best way could be some kind of a poll here on the site?
    You suggest some places and the users can klick on their favorite.
    Whatever happens, I watch out for news here!
    Greetings
    Andy

9. Posted November 5, 2011 at 18:44 | Permalink

Our experience with Barcelona Photobloggers says that polls are not a good option, but I will try to do one in facebook this time. Let’s see if it works!

Thank you very much, Andy.

10. Posted November 22, 2011 at 16:53 | Permalink

Hi, it’s me again ;-)
    Just a suggestion: shouldn’t we rename this thread to “Meetup 2012” ?
    And please everyone out there: vote on facebook for the city you want to hold the next meetup!
    Greetings from Vienna